Third annual Young Authors Contest
WRITE AND ILLUSTRATE YOUR OWN BOOK CONTEST
The Bangor Public Library presents the 3rd Annual Write & Illustrate Your Own Book Contest! We welcome kids in our service area to enter their original work in our contest. Each kid will receive a bound copy of their book, and we'll also place a copy in the library for others to read!
1. Contest runs from June 24 through August 10, 2013.
2. The contest is open to children in grades K through 12 who reside in the Library service area (Boroughs of Bangor, East Bangor, Portland, Roseto, Upper Mount Bethel Township, Lower Mount Bethel Township, and Washington Township).
3. Categories are K-2, 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12th grades.
4. Entries must be original. The ideas, words and pictures must be your own, not copied from anywhere else.
5. Entries will be accepted at the library starting July 15th.
6. Winners will be chosen in each of the four categories.
7. Winners will be announced.
Book Formatting Rules:
1. PLEASE SUBMIT 2 COPIES OF THE FINISHED BOOK.
2. Please leave at least 1 ½” margin on the sides of your entry.
3. Do not fasten your pages together (no glue or staples; paper clips are recommended).
4. Entries should be submitted in a large, flat envelope or securely paperclipped and should not be folded.
5. Entries should be at least 12 pages of story.
6. Text can be handwritten or typed. In the K-2 category only, an adult may assist with the words but please do not change words or improve the text.
7. Please use non-smear markers, crayons or any permanent medium for illustrations. No photographs are allowed.
8. Paper should not exceed 8 ½ x 11 inches and should be durable and unlined.
9. Cover page should be made of regular paper with at least a ½” margin all the way around. COVER PAGE MUST BE THE SAME SIZE AS THE INSIDE OF THE BOOK!
10. A title page is required.
11. Make sure your name and phone number is on your entries.